Sound Field - Audio Surfin' (Oxygen Records @ Feb. 07)

Beurteile verschiedene CD´s
Antworten
Guy Cohen
Gold Member
Gold Member

Sound Field - Audio Surfin' (Oxygen Records @ Feb. 07)

Beitrag von Guy Cohen »

Hi All !

Oxygen Records sixth release is the debut album of Sound Field project - Audio Surfin. Andy Yakovlev and Liron Atia are the souls behind this project, but most of it wrote by Andy, because unxpected accident of him partner . So far, each release from this sunny label was a blast and thats why I'm always keep my eyes on their new releases. The tempo range is 130-140 (with one down temop track), but there is no chance you could imagine the style of the music, because there is no specific definition for this kind of music.

Bild

1. Psychedelic Revival
The first psychedelic experience in this album is "Psychedelic Revival" tune. The begining of this track is sound weird a bit with special touch of old-school style and the super groovy loop is "draw" a clear picture - modern beats with old vibes. The music is alive, always developing to new directions and force the listener to follow it insistencely. The lovely symphony on the middle is also a sign for something not regular is happen right near our ears.

2. Technological Terror
Andy's advanced sense of humor is the reason for this ironic name I think. The track it self is deep and shady with mysterious atmosphere and emotional playings rolling again and again. I guess that Andy is trying to build a personal mood for this album and "Technological Terror" is the move for it. This track is suitable for the scary night time...

3. Midi Tales
The sun is shining and the groove is take control all around...the smiles are everywhere . The vocals combined with the great progressive beat is the factor for successful dance product. The listener is still not going crazy diging for this track but the body is start shaking as it should be. There are some sophisticated games with the baseline and the melodies, and all this together create a wonderful pack of enjoyment.

4. Return to the Field
The tempo is almost getting to the full on range (140 BPM), and thats a diserve reason to prepare the legs for massive diging. I feel like all the positive energies is leave my body and fly in the air. A funky baseline is going together with colorful playings. "Return to the Field" is a delightful track full with happy melodies and amazing atmosphere. Well done boys.

5. CrossBreed
The highlight moment on this cd is here. I'm still have difficulty to belive this rare sounds came out from Israeli studio. There is not a fine description to describe what this guys did here, but I can promise one thing - the trip is going to be fascinating and exciting. Inimitable stuff.

6. Dub Vibration
When you arrive to the top of the moountain, the only way is down for this spot and thats exactly what is going on now. The tempo is very low (120 BPM) and this is the most appropriate thing for the body & the brain after track numer five. The bodi is moving slowly and the ears are enjoy from pleasant sounds from Andy & Liron soul. Thanks !

7. Funk Science (Southern Mix)
Welcome to Sound Field's funky concert. This what I call "sexy" kick and rare flow, which let me respond it on very strange dance . The dance floor is still far from this track, but those beautiful nine minutes are the most requested thing now. The brake on 04:45 is one of the most smiley loops I've ever heard. Keep it up and never stop.

8. Second Step Above The Sun
If you loof for a reason to understand what is so speical on "Audio Surfin" album, so track number 8 is the proof for it. Sometime I wonder what is the music influence on the listener, and while I hear the "Second Step Above The Sun" track I found the answer - the journey with the music ! The soft melodies with the chilly baseline are the promising factors for enjoyable journey to the galaxy.

9. Lifted Higher
Andy is unite forces with Lars Knudsen and "Lifted Higher" is the result. This track is simply a pure art, everything is located on the right place and somwhow it's catch my brain and walk with it hand by hand to the end of this one of a kind trip .

To sum it up without saying too much - GET IT FAST !!!

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/oxy/oxy1cd006.html
http://www.beatspace.com/dettagli/dettaglio.asp?id=3318
Antworten