Kukan Dub Lagan - Step Ina Rasta Step (Mikelabella Records)

Beurteile verschiedene CD´s
Antworten
Guy Cohen
Gold Member
Gold Member

Kukan Dub Lagan - Step Ina Rasta Step (Mikelabella Records)

Beitrag von Guy Cohen »

Hi All !

This time we are going down for Itay Berger journey as Kukan-Dub-Lagan second album. "Step Ina Rasta Step" is actually the first release of the new label - Mikelabella Records, which established on 2007, in Israel capital's city - Jerusalem. This label has developed by Itay Berger him self with target to expose unique music with original sounds. So, almost three years were pass since "Life is nice" (Kukan's debut album), which got tons of feedbacks, and now is the time to check the new materials of MR. Berger has to deliver..

Bild

1. Feel Life
The introduction is very emotional with kind of weird atmosphere, which leads the listener for deep areas. The sound level is very high and professional. Still no beats and kicks, just chilly melody and relax vibes. This is an interesting opening for album. In my opinion, it more suitable for the end, but lets continue and maybe we will understand it all later.

2. Spirit of the wind
Itay's Dub influences are sensed now. It is start with dub vocals and developing to down-tempo flowing tune with many soft playings and slow kick background. The listener can feel very comfortable with "Spirit of the wind" track, because it's friendly and calm. The journey is still on the beginning, and the next to come is a hard to guess.

3. Dreams of heaven
We are go one step forward with "Dreams of heaven" tune. The floating melodies are builds some plot beyond and give some work to the brain . The orientation is still climb up and we can enjoy from pleasant moments of pure music without specific definition.

4. Its all about her
One minute and forty five seconds of tribal sounds with mystic vibes is the story of "Its all about her". It's very mysterious and unclear, but forces the heart to pump faster and that is always positive thing.

5. Tomerik Trick
What a pleasure we get here. The feeling is full of freedom, like there is nothing in the world except the music and it is feels amazing. The colorful elements are connecting together and create lovely vibes. Itay is like to use on the strange vocals, which add a lot for the dubby atmosphere.

6. What a day
"What a day" tune is starts like a rap-hit, but quickly the melodies are taking control all over, and turn it deeper and enjoyable. The variation with the melodies is very special, and always keeps the listener in focus. This one is not one of my favorites, but the funny female singing is makes me smile and that is what I look for on music.

7. Electric Shocking Dub
I don't know how it happened, but somehow Itay succeed to hide some positive energies behind the tune, and when I'm hear it, the feeling is simply one of a kind (on the good meaning of course). The Kukan's magical vibes just caught me here. Thank you man !

8. Bed Time Story
I'm trying to find the right words for describe it, but it's almost impossible. Sometime people see the bad aspect on different types of music, but when I'm listening to "Bed Time Story", I could not think about anything negative - only happiness and smiles. When I close my eyes, I imagine picture of this melody stroke my brain and fill my body with good energies .

9. Step ina rasta step
This is the time to get out from the bed after the sweet story (track number 8) and smile all directions. The kick here is faster and groover, that is why everything is more rhythmic and pounding. Maybe after several listening we will understand the depth inside the music. Kukan's revolutionary style is just brilliant and deserve for appreciation.

10. Roots of Passion
In my opinion - the big difference between down-tempo/chill out style to the rest of the styles is the control issue - on the other types of music the baseline & kick are controls the track, but here the full control is of the playings & melodies. "Roots of Passion" track is consists rare melody, which gives a romantic atmosphere and together with the "stretched" kick, the story is always developing and never bored.

11. In the end of my day
It is start with soft organ-playing and gradually more and more effects gets in, as mushrooms after the rain . This is the closest thing for story without words, just instrument tools instead of. The circle from the first track is closing now and after ten adventure tracks, the plot is almost finished.

12. Vibe of tribe
Short track (03:46) with the most atmospheric vibe I've heard. When I'm listening to it, I feel the same feeling as the down after good & massive festival, and now you must leave the temporary wonderful land and get back to the reality.

I did not hear the first album of Kukan-Dub-Lagan so this is my first acquaintance with Itay's un-regular style. I think this guy is bring something rare threw the music and this is definitely a pride for Israel for exporting this sounds. "Step Ina Rasta Step" is much longer trip, because each track has it own journey and all together are create a big, fascinating, colorful and (the most important) enjoyable voyage.

People, please give a chance for this kind of music and I can promise you one thing - disappointment will not be here.

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/mlb/mlb1cd001.html
tinu the PsySchlumpf
Platin Member
Platin Member
Re: Kukan Dub Lagan - Step Ina Rasta Step (Mikelabella Recor

Beitrag von tinu the PsySchlumpf »

Guy Cohen hat geschrieben:People, please give a chance for this kind of music and I can promise you one thing - disappointment will not be here.
Ich bin total begeistert von diesem Album, soooo schöne Musik... [-o<
Läuft bei mir jetzt schon zum dritten mal in Folge und ich kann gar nicht genug bekommen davon.

Highly recommended stuff!!! =D>
Antworten