Xerox & Illumination - The Beast Within (HOMmega Records

Beurteile verschiedene CD´s
Antworten
Guy Cohen
Gold Member
Gold Member

Xerox & Illumination - The Beast Within (HOMmega Records

Beitrag von Guy Cohen »

XI third album is finally here ! Amir Dvir & Moshe Keinan are the names behind this project. After they were based their position on the top full on scene with two successful albums ('XI' and 'Temporary Insanity') and lots of releases on compilations, the time has come and 'The Beast Within' is coming out. The style is their typical one - strong beats featuring shady vibes and many dance floor elements. So, get ready for the new trip in XI spaceship...

Bild

Track list :
1. Intro
2. The beast within
3. Creature of the night
4. Red handed (XI rmx)
5. Virtual violence
6. No way out
7. Bass safari
8. Turbulence
9. Last stop
10. Head split

Review :

1. Intro
Two minutes of introduction for the long expected journey is best choice :-). Slowly we get in the business...

2. The beast within 145 BPM
The begining of this track suprised me a bit, suddenly enter an electro influenced kick supporting by groovy bass-line...but after two minutes the madness is start. It's contains lots of noisy effects around, which creates the track's story and lead the listener to the main target - diging ! the lovely guitar's playing on the middle is super special and follow the track all over it. Great opening guys.

3. Creature of the night 143 BPM
It's start chilly and comfortable, but when the heavy beats arrives - the rest is over and game is on. The high level of sound is add a lot to the track's feeling. This guys are not relax even for a second, everything is on action all the time and this create a danceable flow in the air. Actually, you will not remmember something special from this track, but as DJ tool - 'Creature of the night' is a gift.

4. Red handed (XI rmx) 143 BPM
X Noise and Domestic are responsible for 'Red Handed' original version and when they gave Moshe & Amir free hand to do what they want with it, we got this result. This version is completly different - more powerful and dynamic, full of jumping moments and XI unique vibes. Simply a dance floor stomper !

5. Virtual violence 145 BPM
Track number five is a special one in my opinion, because the smart developing and the old XI style. Don't look for games or cheesy parts - 'Virtual violence' is a diging only. Somehow, XI always create an anxious atmosphere on their tracks and force the body react permanently.

6. No way out 142 BPM
The title say all - there is no way out from this trip :-). This time, the tempo is going down a bit and give the body option to reload the powers again. I found 'No way out' track kind of boring and avarage, except some specific moments of emotionaly seconds packed with deep melodies. Anyway, we all needed this track as a small brake from the digs routine.

7. Bass safari 145 BPM
I hope you all chilled enough, because the spaceship must keep the journey. Regretfully the come back is not as I expected - 'Bass safari' track is a bit repulsive after several listenings. But, as usual, XI must have at least one glory moment and thats whats happening on 04:30. Lets hope for better continuance.

8. Turbulence 145 BPM
The compensation is come immediately. 'Turbulence' is exactly what I need at this time - no sophistication and tricks, just pure music with Amir & Moshe's touch. The formula is clear - more power, less melodies and the most important...magical flow. Well done.

9. Last stop 140 BPM
Sometimes I wonder why XI don't produce more music on this tempo ? they doing it so good. 'Last stop' is a mature track, which help the listener to keep the legs moving, but the vibes & atmosphere are much more calm on comparing to the previous tracks. Just now, two tracks before the end, we could sense kind of emotionaly feeling inside the music. The heart is come back to the regular pulse ;).

10. Head split 130 BPM
It's time to collect the all pieces of the body and connect them again after hard trip and thats why XI give us 'Head split' track. A free style tune, downbeat and chilly packed with enjoyable feeling of the end...

To sum it up - 'The Beast Within' is similar to the last album ('XI'), but still contains it's own magic with more variation of music. This album is really help to release the beast inside us :-).

You can get it here :

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/hom/hom1cd053.html

http://www.hommega.com/hommegaShop.php? ... Cat=albums
Antworten