VA - NEVERENDING STORY 2 (Zaikadelic Records, 2007)

Beurteile verschiedene CD´s
Antworten
Psyco Zaika
VA - NEVERENDING STORY 2 (Zaikadelic Records, 2007)

Beitrag von Psyco Zaika »

Review by Ilse (Noise Poison Rec / Parvati Rec / Mushroom Magazine):

Bild

1. Penta - Mushroom [preview]

Nikita Tselovalnikov, no need to introduce this friend, just released his third solo album "Horn Please". And what an opener for this compilation. after an 2 minute understatement-like beginning and a subtle beat he catches you in his typical manner right from the kicks startup. with his own atmospheres, makes his sound so regonizable, and who else knows to play with this naive melos, taking you by his hand and captivates you into his chaotic realms of psytrance. a lovely track with lots of changes keep ya groovin', great samples and hell of a drive! Penta never disappoints, as its already mentioned in this forum: "Penta for president!" .. )

2. Imaginary Sight & Atriohm - Imaginary Ohm [preview]

A meeting of four macedonian dudes Marko Daravelski, Boban Lazovski and Leonid Golcev, Aleksandar Golcev to create a typical psychedelic soundscape as this region is known for in the past. from beginning a sweet groove captivates me and the macedonian atmosphere is so damn catchy for my taste lately and takes effect here very soon. more or less spare of too much elements this tune is a wonderful follower to the opening track of this comp makes the cd to a real ride. with its little acids and fades of synths always come along. but then, about two and a half minutes before end of the track there comes a break ... i am no fan of useless breaks does no build any tensions and doesn’t kick me after enough to enjoy ... not to bad here, but not necessary in my opinion .... the acids i like so much becoming quite a bit more in the end to build it a bit up before coming down again. nice track!

3. Digitalist & Gidra – Phenomenon [preview]

Thomas Franske from Swiss meets Thomas Aquino Lobo from India, and what a killer cooperation! to be heard in my sets for long time already this tune is for sure one of the hits on this compilation. a wonderful deep groove and immediate sticky acids catching me and after a short hit the track kicks me on a amazing trip. lots of twisting burbs, blubbs and sticky twirls. man i love this shit! for me its a totally freak out on the dancefloor monster with so much little acid playing games in spirals. lovely gem!

4. Attoya - The Weightlessness Sensation [preview]

Alex Burnshtein, Leonid Burnshtein coming from Israel and already appeared on labels such as Trishula or Insomnia. Immediate start with a decent rolling drive and a few weird loops, unfortunately not so much changes, but then to start with a cognizable lead very soon. a lot twirls and twists bubbling around with the leads becoming more and more dominance. in the end this one becomes a bit nervy in my opinion, on a nice jumping base the lead has no psychedelic effect to me. they had better ones in the past.

5. Blisargon Demogorgon - Voice Hallucination [preview]

Valentino Trencev from Macedonia released his debut album not so long ago on Inpsyde. he starts also from beginning with a deep rolling push and a striking lead doesn’t come to dominant which makes him catchy as he worked on it, build changes into it keeps the tension. very good work, trippy and not to much in the face as well techy as i remember him. man this is one of the best tracks i heard from Valentino. in the end a bewitching voice comes in with this acidlead on shoulders. very nice track, and for me a defined surprise!

6. Psychoz - Get Over It [preview]

Zoran Zlatkovski from Macedonia already in the business for quit some time .. two albums released he appeared frequently with single tracks on diverse labels with his spooky participations. this track is no exception and starts from beginning with a ghostly atmo and a few acids. a subtle drive keeps me moving while he builds up and some structure comes up in his arrangement. very nice weird sounds and a few cool kicks and some nice sarcastic samples make this track to a decent trip unfortunately looses a bit sense in the end, maybe a few changes might not hurt, nevertheless for me best track i heard from him so far. curious for the future!

7. Encephalopaticys – Saltanica [preview]

Vasko Velickovski, one of my personal favs for quit some time, participates with one of his monster tracks. this is psytrance as its has to be in my opinion, for sure just in mine! .. ... this atmosphere with the deep subtle drive captivates me every time from beginning if the macedonian psycho takes effect. a hit for the middle of the night with spooky pads in the back and neverending hitting hihats, percussions as well as modulated acids that it bleeds. pure acidgem and long time part of my sets. be prepared for even more psychedelic experiences from this dude from macedonia. thx for the music.

8. Darknoizz - Touching the Light [preview]

This is a meeting between Elad Weinberg and Vili Feldhun from Israel. Deep atmospheres are build up from beginning with a few nice hitting samples.. ... morphing scapes in the back keeps me attentive and then some bubbling spirals coming up. yeah .. this i like a lot! a growling deep pushing groove links me to the main acid .. never going to be too overloaded they change the topic in becoming less hypnotic as they started with
and doing it quit well. later the track is going a bit weird but still leads to a trip. cool track indeed as they manage it also calm you down after.

9. Para Halu - Neverending Story 2 [preview]

Adam Hohmann from Hungary already established with this typical sound and released here on Zaikadelic the second artist album right in this year. he closes the cd worthy with the title track and from beginning the hungarian sprit catches me. i am not sure if i can dig this housylike break in the middle, but after a short while he has me back on track and throws me with a trancy finish on a sunny end.

In the end this cd in its whole is a killer journey of acidridden rolling psytrance, and it seems for some reason mostly macedonian dudes know to trip me out lately! it has it ups and downs for sure, but here is no bad track on it and from what release i can say this in the past?!?!! in the end its for sure just my bloody opinion but i just recommend it to everybody likes it psychedelic and give here the order to buy it, as they deserve it there all are being involved in this. hope the story doesn’t end in the near future...

thx for the music!!!

BOOM
(c) Ilse (Noise Poison Records / Parvati Records / Mushroom Magazine)

External links:
Beatspace
SaikoSounds
Wirikuta
PsyShop
Antworten