V/A Soul Anatomy (Dooflex Records @ July 07)

Beurteile verschiedene CD´s
Antworten
Guy Cohen
Gold Member
Gold Member

V/A Soul Anatomy (Dooflex Records @ July 07)

Beitrag von Guy Cohen »

Almost two years ago, Gil (Nitro) & Yanniv (U-Recken) has present their compilation "Enemies and Allies" which showed the unique style of Doof's sub label - Dooflex Records. Now, they are unite forces again and created the "Soul Anatomy" cd. Inside the comp. you can find names of rising comers such as Flyby project and some intersting cooperations like Nitrodrop (Nitro & I-Drop).

Bild

Track list :

1. U-Recken vs Nitro - Eternity
2. Quantum - Bleep
3. Mahamudra - Her Sister(Nitrodrop Rmx)
4. Nitrodrop - Esta La Parakara
5. U-Recken - The Island
6. Mind Complex - Criminality
7. Quantize - Old school
8. Loud - Betone
9. Flyby - Wirdo birdo

Review :

1. U-Recken vs Nitro - Eternity
The fly is start with combination of Yanniv and Gil. They are both have lots of releases on compilation, but their tracks together are always something different & special. "Eternity" track is simply a powerful material with lovely atmosphere and tons of smiley vibes spilled out. It's always pleasure to begin the journey with morning twister.

2. Quantum - Bleep
Gidi's style is exactly the type of the music for the Dooflex label. As an old fan of Quantum / Gidi Hovek Olam, I'm proud to say that he has improve him music big time. "Bleep" track is kind of full on stuff with dark vibes, it can be played at the night time and also at the morning. The kick is very danceable supported by noisey effects. I'm promise you - this track will load lots of dust in the dance floors.

3. Mahamudra - Her Sister (Nitrodrop Rmx)
Now it's time to expose the new team - Gil (Nitro) and Dima (I-Drop). The original track of Mahamudra released on "Enemies & Allies" comp. This remix is funky one with many colorful ideas and cool vibes. The melodic part on the middle and the crazy stop on 04:00, just prove how much variation is important for produce jumpy tune. Good work guys.

4. Nitrodrop - Esta La Parakara
Despite the great remix before, I found this track a bit disappointing. It's too cheezy in my opinion - too much up's & down's without chance to get decent moment of diging. I hope to connect more to the future release of this duo.

5. U-Recken - The Island
When I heard the samples, "The Island" track was the hit for me immediately, but the full piece is not as my expections. Don't get me worng - it is a very good track with many highlights moments, but after so much excellent tracks of Yanniv, I expected for something more unique. The atmosphere here is magical, which packed with games of lovely playings and non-stop diging. It is definitely one of my favorites.

6. Mind Complex - Criminality
"Criminality" track is the sweetest piece of work I could ask. Gleb Gold is the man behind this project. It's impossible to be apathetic to this track, surely the most powerful tune I heard this year. The beginig is amazing - slowly slowly it's growing and when the kick gets in, all the legs are deep in the ground. The second part (from 03:30) is less powerful and special, but the dust is still in the air :-). THE hit of this compilation.

7. Quantize - Old school
Quantize (Reshef Harari & Adi Ashkenazi) is a promising act from the Progressive area, but here they prove they can to shake other floors as well. "Old school" track is kind of prog-on with fine groove and many progressive elements. The high level of the production is make it sound so sharp and clear. In my opinion, it's a nice & refreshing track, but not more than that.

8. Loud - Betone
Loud's debut was cause for many waves in the scene when it came out and this is the reason for the high expections from each Loud track. "Betone" tune is keep the same direction of the album - agressive, massive and progressive. Kobi & Eitan have some magic in their music, which is impossible to describe in words...just hear it and let your inside feeling to judge ;).

9. Flyby - Wirdo birdo
The last track is material of new project developed by Assaf Artzi and Zeevic Gilad. Please take some pen and write this project name down, because it's the hottest shit around. The heavy kick is help to create a mature picture and all those soft effects (like the whistles) just spread positive vibes everywhere. Keep it up Assaf & Zeevic, I'll look forward to check new releases by Flyby.

Relevant links :

http://arabesque.co.uk//index.php?optio ... 0&Itemid=1

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/dfx/dfx1cd005.html

http://saikosounds.com/english/display_ ... sp?id=6693

http://doofrecords.net/
Antworten