OCELOT - 9 LIVES (Zaikadelic Records, 2007)

Beurteile verschiedene CD´s
Antworten
Psyco Zaika
OCELOT - 9 LIVES (Zaikadelic Records, 2007)

Beitrag von Psyco Zaika »

Bild

Artist: Ocelot
Title: 9 Lives
Format: CD
Label: Zaikadelic Records
Cat. #: ZAICD05

Track listing:

1. Ride the WAV [preview]
2. Dream Waves [preview]
3. Bananas [preview]
4. Instinctual Logic [preview]
5. Future Communication [preview]
6. X-drive [preview]
7. Toy Boat [preview]
8. Carrier Wave [preview]
9. Thoughts per Second [preview]

Review by Ilse (Mushroom Magazine / Parvati Records):

Mr. Aaron Peacock, the world traveller in the psy cosmos should be a wellknown artist, as this multi productive participant of our scene uses to bring us so much different views of his idea in electronic sound creations. his already fourth solo album "9 lives", on rising label Zaikadelic in Israel, is just another example of Aarons versatility and yet another tripped out state of the art of tribalistic mayhem for the daytime.

as i know him for he does not loose any time with an introduction or something to start this cd. a wobbling beat carries me through this track which becomes more and more complicated and even a housy hint i noticed, which i usually would complain about, but his funky way of turn it into the trippy side of electronics fascinates me once more .. he goes on with the tweaky sounds i like so much .. and after "ah, lets go crazy!" he has me fully catched and guides me to the other eight track of a tribalistic mad monsteralbum always with the helmet of the tripped out wearing! weird lines creeping out of the backround and rippling ahead. sparkling spirals take me by their hand to hijack me into a world of hypnotics and strange happenings.

he always knows the right moment for a change, a kick or a turn into a different direction, implements samples where they fit brilliant and even puts edges of melodics into it. i dont miss sharp leads biting me as well as morphed and modulated lines making it so squeezy sometimes that it bleeds. the acid seem to drop out of it while a forcing beat, sometimes smoother others are dirty, catches my attention again and again. his arrangements became more patience in the build ups and are more tidy now, what makes it even more hypnotic recently. it seems to be strange produced sometimes, but the settings of the gears he uses are also quit special, and if you ever heard him live playing, you know it has to be like this. and dudes, this is no sound for the nighttime anyway!! nevertheless here are so many different tracks always producing absorbing moments fitting so damn great together as one serious trip.

if there are moments i thought "there a change might fit good, its getting monotonous", he brought it in a surprising manner by adding something energetic, catchy or even a naiv melody. beside penta he is one of those rare artist usually pull off the feat to add such melody parts without being nervy. lovely!!! filtered loops of an weird state of mind garnished by gleepy bubbles. this is the shit! i didnt noticed any break he didnt managed to keep attention as he just dont loose time in trying to build up what he constantly holds in his hands. there are pure oldschool parts which were killed by a damn cool funkiness using a twisted treat of recent technologics.

in the whole duration, and i cant mention it enough, he tripps me from one to the other with so much different bases, kicks, percussions and sounds make me laugh, smile and grin. the atmoshphere ranges from scary to weird, twisted even darkish here or there with upward spirals coming down again in subtle way of a mad or harsh manner in the face, everything i find in here. i cant point on any track in special which i like the most. i tasted this album many times, and i know Aarons stuff is something you have to take attention to. i did, and damn, i am happy that i made it on headphones, a proper set up for my neighbours and enjoyed it more and more each listening. i have to say the first two tracks are possibly my favourites here, but in fact i cant say this as the following set up is more intelligent and complicated to understand. usually this is the way i appreciate it the most. if i imagine each of the tracks is one live, i am looking forward to what might will happen in the future, as this seems to be damn funny shit to expect. it's for sure not for everybodies taste, but if you like to have it trippy at the daytime but not boring, kicking your ass and maybe you want to surprise a crowd, this most definitely is a perfect tool for every dj too. congratulations to zaikadelic in israel as well, who seem to make a very nice job.

thx for the music

b00m
Antworten