Silver Member
Silver Member
VOICE OF COD - We Are Free : Organic Recs

Beitrag von Triskele »

ORGANIC RECORDS

VOICE OF COD "We Are Free"

Bild

Release date 3rd October 2005

"We are Free" is the ground-breaking debut album from the fishiest of fullon psytrance acts, Voice of Cod. Colin Bennun (OOOD, Unconscious Collective) and Andrew Humphries (Zuloop, Organic A&R / DJ) started making music together as Voice of Cod after meeting at a party in London in 2003. Their tunes, appearing on labels such as Organic, Liquid and Transient have all brought great praise from djs and the dancefloor, with tracks like ‘It’s Just a Ride’ being re-released several times and appearing in the top 10 tunes for Antaro (SpiritZone/VOOV) of 2004.

The album features 9 killer dancefloor tracks that will rock any party, day or night. Featuring chuggy groovers alongside full on tracks that knock your kneebones, the whole album has a totally twisted and funky vibe. Voice of Cod are what the trance scene has been waiting for!

CLICK BELOW FOR SOUND SAMPLES

1. Bubbles Of Nothing
2. The Unknowns
3. The Art Of Funk Shui
4. Go Downtown
5. Misinfotainment
6. Bakelite Satellite
7. Slysis Me
8. Its Just A Ride (Zuloop Remix)
9. Heart Of Gold

Buy your copy now at Chaos Unlimited

You can also check out the Video for the Voice of Cod track 'The Unknowns'

Bild

[ Low Quality ] | [ High Quality ]

NEWS & REVIEWS:

Isratrance has posted an interview with Voice Of Cod. Read More

Andrew recently was asked by John00Fleming to do a mix for his di:fm internet radio stream, and had an astounding 4500 listeners. The mix will also be featured on J00Fs Ministry Of Sound online radio archive, with an average listenership of about 300,000 a month. Before the broadcast John gave a raving review to the debut album, and heres what he had to say also in IDJ Magazine:

"For me this sits proudly as one of my featured tunes of the month. An album full of the finest music this year. Combining the thumping elements of Psy Trance with the deeper tones of Progressive are a winning combination. They have created their own unique sound. Bloody awesome!!! (5/5)"

Other Reviews and Comments:

"Humphries and Colin OOOD are two musical geniuses who have truly outdone themselves on this masterwork and set the tone for many releases to come. Every track is busy, complex, rich and full of enough tweaks and bloops to keep you listening time and time again, and "We Are Free" is sure to stay in regular rotation of psy-trance DJs all over. If this album hasn't yet made it onto your "must-have" list, you will be missing out, for Voice Of Cod teaches us that yes, even within the ever-changing sound of psychedelic trance, the older dogs are still capable of teaching the newest tricks." Axis Mundi (Mushroom Magazine) Read More

"While this album’s been a long time coming it certainly doesn’t disappoint...... Trouser-tightening...... On the strength of this, they deserve to be promoted from the Championship to the Premier League... This deserves to do rather well...... If you thought that Voice Of Cod’s high-watermark couldn’t get any higher, then think again. (9/10)” Damion (http://www.psyreviews.com) Read More

"Organic Records strikes gold again! The level of quality consistency is really high with these guys... There is no doubt in my mind – this is the best album I’ve heard so far in 2005! And I’ve heard quite a few – including the Shpongle album! ...That’s right; this is the shiznit...This is an instant classic... it’s essential for any fan of electronic music...........Favourite tracks: All of them" DeathPosture Read More

"***’kin ‘aay! Awesome!"
Dick Trevor (Nano, Green Nuns, Jumanji)

"Constantly moving ahead! Congratulations!"
Pop Stream (Spun, Israel)

"Killer production !!"
Hujaboy (Tip. World, Israel)

Voice Of Cod would LOVE to play some CD Release parties worldwide!!! They've already unleashed their tunes in Greece, Switzerland, and all over the UK. You will also hear tracks from the CD and see Voice Of Cod live at these future dates not only in the UK but worldwide.

* Oct 14 - Freak Club/Chichime' @ MASS, Brixton, London, UK - Voice of Cod LIVE -
* Oct 29 - Cabbage, Leeds, UK - Voice Of Cod Live, Andrew Humphries DJ Set
* Nov 12 - Baraka, Oxford, UK - Voice Of Cod DJ Set
* Andrew touring Australia in January 2006

More dates to be confirmed...

If you are interested in booking a CD Release party or to book Voice Of Cod, give us a shout by clicking here and well do everything we can to make it happen for you !

Love and Light,

Robin

Triskele Management | www.triskelemanagement.com |

Related Links
Organic Records | www.organicrecords.net |
Voice of Cod | www.voiceofcod.com |
CyBird
Platin Member
Platin Member
Beitrag von CyBird »

Yeah great album!! relaly groovy psy-trance... i like it.............
Antworten