boomfestival 2010

Hier kannst Du kleine Party/Photo-Reports eintragen
juerg
Platin Member
Platin Member

boomfestival 2010

Beitrag von juerg »

Thanks a lot to the hole boom crew to let magic happens!

Thanks a lot to create all this magnificent buildings forming a big magic place
Thanks a lot to take care of us 26000 peoples during 10 days
...clean up 24 hours a day the hole area, be able to take showers, fill up my bottle wih drinkingwater everywhere, clean the nice composttoilets,.... all this energy could be safed if everyone of us would respect this common places and mother earth, like he hopfully do, at home...
( it seems that many people couldn't really immagine what it means to build up and entertain an infrastructure like that,
in that area and by such climatic conditions...)

to the music...
i went also unhappy about all this minimal stuff on the mainfloor!
but when you have such a big dancefloor, filled with different musicstylelovers influnced by such different substances
even for a good and sensitive dj/djane, it's quite difficult to create a homogeneus jumping crowd...
what i really can't understand, is why people use a dancefloor and in that case even a danceTemple!
to just sit down, for smalltalks or even to sleep...
a dancefloor is to dance!

when i don't liked the music, i had a lot of other opportunities to spend my time, without slowing down the flow of the enjoying people...

The mainfocus of the organizers wasn't the dancefloor...
cartainly if i went there only for that, i also were totally disappointed!
(but it seems that a lot of cocaine usingpeople like this minalstuff and their influencies in the psyscene all over the world, grown and grown)

even without a lot of long trancedances i lived 10 magic days!
thanks to the holidays in holiday @ the tripicalbeach, the mystical moments @ the healing area, the consciousevolving moments @ the drop, the trips to indonesia @ gamelatron and of course the eye candys of all the really, creative and workintensive artistical infrastructures, over the hole area,
thanks to Luca and Jazzmine for the beautifull moments @ the chillout and of course many thanks to System 7 for that amazing closing dancetrip @ the dancetemple

thanks & boom boom
In den Momenten, in denen es uns gelingt, zu sein, was wir sind, ohne zu fragen,
was wir sein sollten, funkelt unser Lebenslicht wie ein heller Stern.

Liebe das Leben
aber lebe die Liebe.

***G L O B A L I Z E *** LOVE
Thujon
artist
artist
Re: boomfestival 2010

Beitrag von Thujon »

Boom 2010 review …

We (my Gf and me) just arrived on Sunday afternoon as i was also playing at the "Utopia" (After Boom) and i didn't want to stay 12 Days in a Festival …

As we arrived to the Festival everything seemed to be running smooth … and we seen many happy people :-)

We toke our Tent in the Artist Area where we should sleep the next 4 Days …

In the night from Sunday to Monday i was supposed to play at 2.00 …
so we headed for a quick dinner (Pizza) and went after to the Groovy Beach stage …

The Groovy Beach is the "Alternative Stage" from Boom …where Dj's and Live Acts had the chance to experiment a bit with Music …
Amazing Decoration there … compared to the mainstay which was very boring decorated …

We arrived at the Groovy Beach around 0.30 … a Dj was playing Dubstep and some kinda DnB … which was nice … but i felt the Line up didn't have a flow at all … it went in all directions during the days i spent there … from Techno to Dub to Raggae to House to DnB with no line in it …

I really enjoyed playing for this fantastic Crowd … but i didn't really understand the concept there … after me "a guy named Gerald" toke over the dj booth … he played some kinda downtempo oldschool techno … which didn't fit after my Set at all … as my Set didn't fit to the previous one … rapid style changes all over …

After a while we went to sleep as we knew it gonna be very difficult to sleep during the day as it was freaking hot …
A few hours of sleeping and we woke up in the sauna (our tent) no Shadow or anything there that covered the tent a bit from the sun …
so there was no other way as to get out the tent after like 3 hours of sleep …

I had to go to the Bathroom (the biological Artist bathrooms) … as i arrived there i almost had to throw up from the smell in there … not to speak about how the bathroom looked … nevermind i managed to use that bathroom … and went to take a shower (the showers were great !) …

After this we walked direction Dancefloor again … and seen everything by Daylight …

"The Drop" was one of the Stages which was very impressive Decorated … Amazing bamboo - and wood constructions … very beautiful …we passed by there and checked also the Artgallery which had some impressive paintings from different Artist …

So we headed to the "Dance Temple" …which was the Mainstage …
The decoration there was very poor compared to other years … the roof actualy built a nice Shadow …which was great to dance … but nothing special for the eye at all … looked to me more like a big circus - tent with different colors … the Stage for the artist was also not really special … some Videoprojections …. and a Star made out of Fabric … where the dj was hidden while playing …

The Crowd on the mainfloor was one of the most Intollerant i ever have seen … ppl had bodypaintings ,placards where was written things like : "No Low BPM music please" … "Dj go home" … and so on … also i heard few times people screaming "buuh" at the dj or live when they finished ….
i mean common … it was 40 degrees some days … how should someone manage to dance to 145 bpm in this heat …
i preferred a bit slower music during the hot days …
But also on the Mainfloor … there was NO concept in the lineup … it went from Fullon to Progressivhouse and then to Oldschool and so on …

It was a great thing from the organizers to put Drinkingwatertabs right beside the dancefloor … so everyone had water nearby and had the chance to refresh themselves …

The other days i've been there i enjoyed actualy to meet friends i haven't seen for a while ,having a nice time with my Gf…and having conversations with the "REAL GOACROWD" who thought they are the founders of psytrance and complained as soon as the music was slower then 140 bpm …
what an intolerant crowd … sorry but things change with time … and people change with time … and some slowmusic during the day was just more then welcome …

In the last day of the Boom festival i actualy wanted to go to sleep after System7 last Track (which was the closing of the mainfloor)… but suddenly i felt like on Acid (and i was sure i didn't take anything) … at first i thought it was maybe the vibe and my emotions … but as it got stronger and stronger and stronger i knew what was going on … and i tried to go to my tent to sleep … my gf stayed on the dancefloor …no way i could sleep … i was on a veryveryvery high dose of acid … and i didn't know what level it gonna reach in the highest point and was absolutely not prepared for that …
i suffered from it quite hard and found myself in places that i didn't know how i got there …
This IDIOT who did this to me has no responsibility for a drug like that …
lucky i was used to it as i did it when i was younger ... someone else could have probably stayed fucked up for the rest of their live …

i had to leave the next day to the after boom a 4 hours busied … which scared me a bit … i was lucky to have some good support of my Gf …
When we arrived at the Utopia (After Boom) i felt already way better … as the venue there was very nice … a lot of Shadow from the trees … and a much more relaxed Vibe …
We had a hotelroom with a balcony which was really nice to relax … at 0.00 i finally managed to sleep after being awake for like 40 hours …

i played at the at 11.00 the day after so i had a nice day to relax and find myself again …
When i played i had a nice crowd … i had good fun playing there … and enjoyed my last days in Portugal …

Bottom Line Boom :
Decoration : the Bamboo and Wooddecoration was amazing … Also the flowers near the mainfloor … the Mainfloor itself was needing something more interesting …
Chillout and Groovybeach were also very nice decorated …

Music : i heard some very nice Sets … but the lineup was a bit a mess …

Food and Drinks : a lot of choices and in my opinion a good Barconcept … enough drinkingwater for free as well …

Infrastructure : Great …. just sometimes the lines at the ATM was huuuuuge …

All over :
Boom had a lot of positive and negative sides … i think they can improve themselves in some ways for 2012 …
Organisationwise i can't really complain … as most things went down smoothly … but here and there i think they could have done better … specially Lineup and Mainstage decorationwise … compared to 2006 i was a bit disappointed …

So thats it from my side … maybe i will see u all in 2012 … maybe not …

I thank the Boomcrew for putting a lot of effort to make this festival happen … some things propably just went a bit out of their hands …

All the best --->
Simon

P.S.: we found 3 cellphones in 2 days and brought them to the lost and found … i hope they found the way back to their owners …

P.S.: sorry for spelling mistakes ...
http://www.facebook.com/khainzmusic
http://www.myspace.com/khainzmusic
http://www.myspace.com/freakulizer

18 Aug. Daydance (Simon Slice Live) , Luzern, Switzerland
18 Aug. Synthesis of Sound Round II Raum Zürich ,Switzerland
24 Aug. Danghai Club Danghai Club, Curitiba, Brazil
25 Aug. Field Club Field Club, Santa Catarina, Brazil
26 Aug, Electrance Electrance, Sao Paulo, Brazil
31 Aug. Limited Hangout 2 Rote Fabrik, Zürich, Switzerland
Thujon
artist
artist

Beitrag von Thujon »

jürg hat geschrieben: (but it seems that a lot of cocaine usingpeople like this minalstuff and their influencies in the psyscene all over the world, grown and grown)
I was there only from sunday till thurstday ... i only heard more "minimal" kinda Sets from Sally Dolally (wich i quite enjoyed) and from Emok (wich was also fitting into the time when he was playing) ... it was more kinda progressivhouse as minimal from both of them ...
I found Sonkite amazingly boring and tiring for the dancefloor ...Ace ventura after brought the dancefloorvibe back after them ...

i don't think minimal is related to cocaine ... i also like more minimalistic beats ...but that doesen't mean that i take lots of cocaine ! /frage
Minimal can be sometimes way more psychedelic then the trance nowadays ... And it was sometimes nice to have some slowed down beats after 180 Bpm nightmusic ... or 145 Bpm Daymusic ...

Maybe there were some Sets i didn't hear wich were boring minimal ...but the ones i heard in Low BPM where danceable ...

Psyrance is Acid ?

Schlager is Alcohol ?

Hiphop is Crack ?

Eurotrance is MDMA ?

and Raggae is Weed ?

/stop

juerg
Platin Member
Platin Member

Beitrag von juerg »

...hab es schlecht formuliert @ cocaine & minimallovers...
aber es waren wirklich viele kokainvibes in der luft
und die meisten "eingegibsten" leute bewegten sich bestenfalls nur gerade ein wenig zu minimalistischen klängen
ansonsten verbrachten sie einfach den tag mit, hinter der sonnenbrille versteckt, auf dem dancefloor rumstehen
und die energien des floors so tief wie möglich halten...

...schon wieder ne "schubladisierung", aber eben, meine empfindungen...

und was ich in letzter zeit, an anlässen wo hauptsächlich minimal gespielt wurde, in der schweiz,italien und eben nun in portugal
zu sehen und hören bekam, wird meistens sehr viel coci konsumiert...
(will damit der konsum anderer substanzen keinesfalls verherrlichen!)
In den Momenten, in denen es uns gelingt, zu sein, was wir sind, ohne zu fragen,
was wir sein sollten, funkelt unser Lebenslicht wie ein heller Stern.

Liebe das Leben
aber lebe die Liebe.

***G L O B A L I Z E *** LOVE
Nicolas
dj
dj

Beitrag von Nicolas »

Thujon hat geschrieben:for like 40 hours
Ganz übel Thujon. Ich hoffe Du hast Dich wieder restlos von deinem ungewollten Trip erholt. Hast Du einen Verdacht, wie Du in Berührung mit dieser hochdosierten Substanz kamst?
"Frieden wird in die Herzen der menschen kommen, wenn sie ihre Einheit mit dem Universum erkennen."
Black Elk, Lakota Medicine Man
Thujon
artist
artist

Beitrag von Thujon »

Nee leider nicht wirklich ...
aber warscheinlich auf dem Dancefloor ... als ich mit ein paar Kollegen am Vodka trinken war ... hat jemand warscheinlich nen Becher verwechselt/vertauscht ... oder jemand hat gedacht er müsse irgendwie noch seine restlichen Muntermacher loswerden am letzten Tag und es war ihm zu schade es weg zuwerfen ...weil ich bin nicht der einzige von meinen Kollegen dem es so ging ... jedoch bei den Kollegen etwas weniger stark ...

Luk
Gold Member
Gold Member

Beitrag von Luk »

heavy story simon...
ich glaub ich nimm ab sofort mis getränk nur no im schoppe mit.

Bild
:::::: MILLIVOLT - Label DJ for Zenon Records::::::
:::::: Soundcloud / Facebook / Limbus Revolution / Zenon Records
:::::
Bild
gionaTI
Platin Member
Platin Member

Beitrag von gionaTI »

Thujon hat geschrieben:

"No Low BPM music please" …
Thank you, this could be an idea for the next party /bigs /bigs /bigs *joke*
sMangiaDa faMiliaA

"Arriba! Arriba! Ándale! Ándale!"

_:: Rolling Bassline Addicted ::_
Ganesh

Beitrag von Ganesh »

@ thujon

war mir auch passiert vor 1 1/2 jahren in basel im nordstern. ich irrte dann für ca. 5 stunden in basel herum...was für ein graus !
was mich errschreckt, dies ist und war nicht der 1. fall dieses jahr....auch am SNE festival hat sich in dieser richtung etwas erreignet. einfach schade.....sehr schade !
quo vadis goaszene....

ich gehe an keine partys mehr, jedoch finde ich es schade wie sich die ganze szene innerhalb von 10 jahren verändert hat. speziell hat man doch gesagt die boom, das sei die party aller parties mit dem besten crowd...!

gruss
p.s.: eigentlich müsste im november nach erstfeld kommen....du und müstik = hammer sound..! aber bin leider in brasilien
Ajanix
dj
dj

Beitrag von Ajanix »

Nach Burning Man ist die Boom meines Erachtens nach der beste Anlass den es auf dem Planeten gibt...

Es war einfach nur phänomenal. Die neue Location ist tausend mal besser als die alte und auch das Konzept wird immer besser...
Dass das Lineup dieses mal nicht so stark darkig war wie letztes mal hat mir auch extrem gefallen...

Absolutes Highlight war wohl mit Abstand Twenty Eight und die Ethno-Trance Night am Vollmond...

Ein Traum der eine Woche dauert... Ich freue mich, ihn schon bald wieder zu träumen :)
industrialsun
Platin Member
Platin Member

Beitrag von industrialsun »

war irgend jemand mit campingcar dort und kann mir ein bisschen erzählen wie das so abging, d.h. wie lange musste man vor dem festival anstehen, wei weit waren die nächsten duschen so wie dancefloor, etc? so fürs 2012 dann... ;)

merci!
ich weiss, dass ich nicht(s) weiss
subconsciousmind
artist
artist

Beitrag von subconsciousmind »

Hab mal was neues probiert und ein "Visuelles Review" gemacht...
Sorry das schlechte Filmen.. das war nur ne Fotokamera. Muss da noch einiges lernen ;)

Noch zur Musik. Ich habe die "experimental" sets auf der Groovy Beach verpasst (dub step) etc. Vielleicht wars ja cool. Und auch die Nächte von Mitternacht bis 8 habe ich nicht mitbekommen. Also kann ich dazu nicht viel sagen.

Aber den rest in den videos :)

Teil 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5LnyjOaUeo
Teil 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaQJMst7kEk

Viel Spass :)

PS... ich würde sagen Kocain, speed und so mancher techno hängen etwa so sehr zusammen wie LSD und psychedelischer Trance oder Exctasy und Trance. Wie sehr denn nun?
industrialsun
Platin Member
Platin Member

Beitrag von industrialsun »

@sub: merci für die videos

meine fragen zum caravan-park haben sich bereits durch den boom-newsletter beantwortet:

The (Un)Popular Boom-Distances

We designed the new Boom venue taking into account two sides: the Boom sector and the entrance sector (with parking lot and caravan park). We didn't want to have such a huge distance however we needed to take some measures on occupying the place of the Boom-Off as most of Boomers didn't enjoy the noise from that tecnival in 2008. It was a no-option to have them next door. Plus we were assured that there would be transfers organized by the local city council and in the end that didn't work out.

The distance that people needed to walk generated a bad reaction and, despite the fact that distances are also huge at many festivals of the world, we won't repeat the same design. One thing is our priority for the future: the caravan park and car park will not be placed so far. Our intention is to put cars and caravans on the north side of the Boom venue, around the Boom Bus station.

With regards to the distances within the Boom sector we do feel that by having such a beautiful place we can avoid the sense of overcrowding, which resulted perfectly at Boom. The areas had space, but at the same time there was a cosy feeling and a sense of freedom all over the venue. We can improve on the placement of the flea market though.

In conclusion, the solution for cars and caravans was not the best and we will commit ourselves to solving this
in time for 2012.

Conditions At the Caravan Park

For the first time we had restaurants, water points and toilets at the caravan park.

These are improvements compared with previous editions. Showers were not there as some trucks have these facilities. We opted not to put more showers on site as water is a scarce resource here and the more showers we have the bigger is our water footprint. Even so, for the next edition we feel it's imperative to build showers at the caravan park and place it nearer the Boom venue.

(das mit den duschen hatten sie aber bereits nach der boom 2008 gesagt, aber offenbar doch nicht gemacht)
ich weiss, dass ich nicht(s) weiss
thedoorman
Silver Member
Silver Member

Beitrag von thedoorman »

subconsciousmind hat geschrieben:Hab mal was neues probiert und ein "Visuelles Review" gemacht...
Sorry das schlechte Filmen.. das war nur ne Fotokamera. Muss da noch einiges lernen ;)

Noch zur Musik. Ich habe die "experimental" sets auf der Groovy Beach verpasst (dub step) etc. Vielleicht wars ja cool. Und auch die Nächte von Mitternacht bis 8 habe ich nicht mitbekommen. Also kann ich dazu nicht viel sagen.

Aber den rest in den videos :)

Teil 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5LnyjOaUeo
Teil 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaQJMst7kEk

Viel Spass :)
PS... ich würde sagen Kocain, speed und so mancher techno hängen etwa so sehr zusammen wie LSD und psychedelischer Trance oder Exctasy und Trance. Wie sehr denn nun?

danke dir für die vdeos. super gemacht, trotz "nur ein fotoapparat", hehehehe
grüsse roberto
Kukana

Beitrag von Kukana »

industrialsun hat geschrieben:war irgend jemand mit campingcar dort und kann mir ein bisschen erzählen wie das so abging, d.h. wie lange musste man vor dem festival anstehen, wei weit waren die nächsten duschen so wie dancefloor, etc? so fürs 2012 dann... ;)

merci!
Hallo!

Wir sind die lange Reise zur Boom mit einem Camper angetreten. Wir kamen Dienstag Abend an und mussten dann die Nacht auf einem riesengrossen "Warteplatz" verbringen. Der Platz dort war super, es hatte WC's und Duschen. Am Mi. morgen um 6Uhr hab ich dann die Nachbarn gehört, wie sie abgefahren sind. Also dachte ich mir, fahren wir auch mal los, denn der frühe Vogel fängt ja bekanntlich den Wurm. Nach ein paar hundert Metern wurden wir von "Parkwächtern" angehalten und dazu angefordert zu warten. Es folgten unzählige andere Autos und Camper, ja sogar umgebaute Lastwagen, aus allen Richtungen die alle in irgendeine Richtung hinfuhren. Die Parkwächter erzählten den einen dieses, den anderen etwas völlig anderes! So beschloss ich vorerst mal zu warten und mich mal mit den Parkwächtern anzufreunden, vielleicht sagten sie mir dann, in welche Richtung es nun wirklich geht :-)
Und irgendwann mal sagte dann einer von beiden, du kannst jetzt mal dort entlang fahren soweit du kannst... das tat ich dann auch... nach hundert Metern war dann aber Schluss... und dann hiess es warten, warten, warten... um ca. 3 oder 4Uhr nachmittags fing sich dann die Warteschlange an zu bewegen.... endlich... man kam langsam vorwärts, aber hey, man kam mal endlich vorwärts und die Vorfreude wurde grösser und grösser.... Hatte richtig Schmetterlinge im Bauch ;)
Am Eingang lief alles reibungslos ab, top organisiert.
Der Caravan Park war ok... zum Teil zimlich hügelig und steil und auch zimlich steinig... ich hab jetzt nicht alles aus deinem letzten Beitrag gelesen, aber ich kann dir noch soviel zum Caravan Park sagen... Es hatte EINEN Waterpoint für den ganzen Caravan Park (so haben es mir auch andere erzählt die dort Wasser holen gingen) es hatte eine Reihe so ca. 15-20 Chemie-WC's, wenn man auf den super Kompost WC's war dies sonst überall auf dem Festivalgelände gab, waren die der totale Alptraum. Aber vielleicht haben sie dort auch Chemie WC's hingestellt, dass die Camper die über eine Toilette verfügen, die Sch.... gleich dort reinkippen konnten. Von dem her, gut überlegt...
Zum Weg muss ich sagen, ja, er war ziemlich lange bis zum Dance Temple. Zu Fuss 30-45min. etwa. Aber ich hatte ein Fahrad dabei, zumindest für die letzten 4 Tage, weil meine Kollegin leider früher nach Hause musste (mein Velo hatte nach ein paar Metern gleich nen Platten, Pneus ja nicht zu fest pumpen ;) , kommt nicht so gut im heissen Sand).
Aber wie gesagt, der Weg war lange, aber dafür hatte man wirklich Ruhe auf dem Caravan Park. Leider waren die Duschen extrem weit entfernt, das war ja von den Restaurants weg nochmal an die 15-20min., habe ich mir sagen lassen. Wir hatten eine Dusche im Camper, die wir eigentlich zuerst nicht benutzen wollten, aber dann, angesichts des langen Wegs, trotzdem in Betrieb nahmen.

So ich hoffe deine Fragen zum Caravan Park wurden nun alle beantwortet :-)

Liebe Grüsse :-)
Antworten