Kilowatts – „Undercurrent“ – Somnia

Gemütliche Sounds fuer das Chillout oder für Zuhause.
Antworten
HakTropic

Beitrag von HakTropic »

Bild

Artist : Kilowatts
Release : Undercurrent
Label : Somnia
Format : CD
Release Date : August 2009
Catalogue Number : SOMN009CD
Cover Art : Ray Massini

Tracklist :

1. Cascade Serenade
2. Rode Falls
3. Couette
4. Seed
5. The undercurrent is love
6. Nightshade
7. Ayandan
8. The moment just before dawn

Samples on the Somnia website click here :

Bild

Release Info:

“With this album, I wanted to focus on the essence of melody and expose it in a raw form through the electronic medium. The source of the main melodies came from repetitive hooks I found myself sporadically singing or humming during day to day business. Think of the joyful tunes whistled during a walk. These melodic mantras seem to pop up out of nowhere and go on repeating forever. When I'd notice this, I'd hang onto the melody until I could get to the studio and bang it out, no matter how obvious or straightforward it was. Once the main melodies and inflections were out, I could carefully construct an audio bedding for them and see where it led. From a larger perspective, I felt that the search for these melodies was similar to unearthing subconscious archetypes that drive reality. The process was like discovering an ever-flowing undercurrent of reality that can be translated directly into melody. In this case, it felt that the source of them all must absolutely be love.” – KiloWatts

Limited to 777 copies worldwide, soy inks on recycled paper, sewn and sealed in wax with incredible cover art by Ray Massini

For a visit to the Somnia website click here :

Bild

To purchase this album on PsyShop go here :

Bild

Kilowatts`s MySpace :

Bild
Antworten