Interview with FREAKULIZER

Künstler und Dj´s können sich hier präsentieren
Antworten
missy

Interview with FREAKULIZER

Beitrag von missy »

1. Who is Freakulizer? Single Person or Project? Where did you come
from, tell us a bit about your background, your regular profession?

Freakulizer aka Thujon is Simon Schwendener ...i was born 1981 in Switzerland and am livîng in Lucerne (centaral swiss) ... i started djing in the young age of 15 years ... after 5 Years i decided to produce my own musical creations ...
actually studied to be a painter ... but now i just work on my music...

2. Tell us about your new album and why people shouldn't miss it in
their collection? Did you think it is something different, or would
you think it should be named in a row, with some others? How would
you define you style of music?

My debut album is called "the awakening process" and it's released with Alchemy records (based in UK)...
i try to keep an own style but for sure i'm also influenced by some artists which i like ... trance and nontrance ones ...
...i keep my music mostly deep, straight forward and Fullon,that's my style ... grooving basslines and some spices ...
I put a lot of emotions into it ... and that's something that people will feel when they listen to it ...

3. Did you think copy kills music - or copy makes the artist famous?
What did you experience with p2p and Trackswapping?

I think for Labels is it very difficult to survive on the market nowerdays ...
Years ago ppl also copied a lot of Tapes ...
But today its just easier to copy music (with fast cd burners) ...
I think if u are a real music lover u buy the albums that u like as oiginal cd and support what u like ...

For the artist is it good promotion mostly ... A lot of ppl hear the tracks ...
I know a few artists who played alot after tracks of them appeared on the internet ...
But the thing is that label wont buy a track from u witch is doing the rounds on the internet ...
I could tell u a lot more about this ... it's got and still gets discussed alot...
and I think there are a few good ,and a few bad points ...
but for the selling it's for sure bad ...

4. Where do you see yourself in 5/10/20 years? Where do you see our
scene in the future?

hmmm ... in 5 Years I will be 5 years older , in 10 years I’m over 30 ... and in 20 years ... that I don’t want to think about now ...
honestly ... I think in a few years I will do a school so that I have something after Trance ...
hopefully I will always do something to do with music ... even if it is not trance music in 20 years time...
I don’t even know how the world will look in 20 years ...

Trance will get more and more commercial ... if its good or not ... everyone has own thoughts about ...

5. Your definition of luck & satisfaction? Maybe anything to tell
about »sex, drugs and rock'n'roll«?

You should do what u like to ... and be who u are ...
"Don’t try to go out there to find something that's fun ... it's not out there anyway ... it's inside your self"
Sample of Freakulizer - Human Imagination ... and it really fits into what I think ...

6. Your idol & your rival?

hmmm ... I don't have an Idol and neither a rival ... there are a few artists I really like though...
to name a few : Cosma (R.I.P.) , Pixel , Sub 6 , Astrix , Infected Mushroom , Psysex , Wrecked Machines , Domestic and some others ...
they just have a top notch production and produce a very high quality of music ...

7. Where could our listeners see/hear you in the next time? Any
special events worth to mention here?

hmmm ... I just had my Album release Party in London ... at the 12.& 19 November I have 2 album release parties in Switzerland ...
at the 26.November I have a Gig in Essen ... and at the 9.December I will go on Brazil Tour for 1 Month will play in a few parties there also in Universo Parallelo ...
After this I think I will go to Japan and hopefully Thailand again ... Touring around the world ...

thx a lot simon - and PLAY IT LOUD!!

missy (PsyRADIO.FM) & liese (mushroom magazine)

HOMEPAGE
Antworten