Intelabeam - Looking For A Cure (HOMmega Records @ Feb. 07)

Beurteile verschiedene CD´s
Antworten
Guy Cohen
Gold Member
Gold Member

Intelabeam - Looking For A Cure (HOMmega Records @ Feb. 07)

Beitrag von Guy Cohen »

Hi All !

This year, the honorable label Hommega Records is celebrate 10 years and their 52th release is "Looking For A Cure" album by Dan Keinan aka Intelabeam (Hommega latest sign). The type of this album is a bit different than Hommega usual line, this time the style is more groovy, almost proggy influenced by varied styles such as Funk, Pop and Freestyle. So, this is the right time to check what cure is Mr. Keinan talk about...

Bild

1. The Q (142 BPM)
Agressive is the best defenition for track no. one. I like to call this kind of tracks - dance floor stuff - massive beats and kicking bass line with excellent level of sound. Despite the agressive impression, on the middle came in a soft melody followed by electronic vocals, which prepare the vibe for the kick come back agnd when it's happen the legs are located deep in the ground.

2. Legitimi (144 BPM)
As I wrote before, the funk influence is coming out now. There are some people who call this is a commercial material, but I think it is orginal idea, packed with the right elements for jumpy experience. The changes of the bass line are give some sexy feeling to the track. The main brake is add some positive vibes and release some smiles to the air. Electro-trance on full power.

3. Human Spin (with Sub6) (145 BPM)
Aharoni brothers, Golan & Ohad, were write this track together with Dan. Intelabeam and Sub6 have the same style of music, so when they sit together in the studio, the chemistry is perfect and the listener can feel it. They have no limits, just push more and more on the "power" button without pity anyone. Although the short length of time (06:36), the dance floor's impact is incredible. Well done !

4. Rock and Roll refugee (120 BPM)
The body need some rest after the first tracks, and we get it as "Rock and Roll refugee" tune - almost three minutes of down tempo pleasure with acoustic guitars and deep melodies. Kind of re-charge for our system. By the way, I like the title selection.

5. Dakiri sunset (128 BPM)
Thw show must go on and Dan is try to get us back to business slowly. The bass line is chilly, the kick is fat and the melodies are take control over the track. "Dakiri sunset" track is acatually a fine collection of minimal beats and diverse playings. Simply an enjoyable tool for home-listening.

6. Indian jackpot (rmx for Sub6) (139 BPM)
My biggest disappointment is this remix, I expected for mind blowing tune, but I got a boring seven minutes without nothing special.

7. Basic instinct (with Rocky) (141 BPM)
Intelabeam and Rocky (Roy Tilbor) are both like use powerful elemnts on their music and thats why "Basic instinct" track is one of the best tracks in this album. Even though, I thought it will be more strong and un-compromise. I found it fascinating tune with sophisticated ideas like the brake on 04:50.

8. Blizzard (145 BPM)
The beat's speed is going up again, but don't expected for dance floor burner here. "Blizzard" tune is colorful and not regular - the combination of "running" bass line supported with chilly melodies around, is an important factor for the listener's satisfaction. It's just spread good energies all directions.

9. Pick n' roll (145 BPM)
Now Dan is combined some of his electro influences into the typical Intelabeam style. I'm sure the dance floor will like the "Pick n' roll" track, because the unique disco vibes and all the nice games, which always bring something special with them. If u add also the cool melodies near the end, than u get a completed shake asses formula.

10. Breathless (125 BPM)
Ok, the bombs are gone, but the story is not end yet. A track for the soul with some deep emotions inside and lots of creativity tricks on target to give a relaxing moments to the listener.

11. Looking for a cure (125 BPM)
Lets forget for a moment what he heard so far and check the "Looking for a cure" electronic song. The singer is Dan him self (which also wrote the lyric). Maybe Helicon or Hed-Arzi will sign him for album afer they will listen this song .

All in all, Dan's debut album got a diserve variation - sometimes it's chilly, one time is even poetic but most of the time it's kicking and grooving. I'm glad to see an open mind from Hommega's owners and I wish for more releases like this one. The investment on the cover, booklet and the all concept of the cd is diserving for appriciation. As you can hear, this label is not compromise when the sound's quality is the issue, so the most recommended thing is to buy it original and enjoy from Intelabeam journey.

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/hom/hom1cd052.html
http://www.hommega.com/hommegaShop.php?prdID=83
crawltothesky
Silver Member
Silver Member

Beitrag von crawltothesky »

=D>

Very nice review to a very nice album. Intelabeam seems to have put an honourable amount of creativity and energy into this piece of art.
You can feel the energy, when listening.
So go and listen to it! ;-)
"i touch these strings but cannot touch the sound" - Nada Surf
Antworten